New Year, New Challenges

As I sit here thinking about all the things I should be doing I thought maybe I’d start thinking about next year at least till it warms up in here.  I don’t want to wash dishes or vacum, I’d like to stay under the warm blanket.  LOL

So here’s a few things that we are hoping for next year.

  1. Get back on the money saving wagon.  I’ve done well at the grocery store the past month thanks to a full freezer but of course there’s lots of holiday shopping.
  2. Start drug store shopping again.  I’ve been pretty burnt out at CVS and Wag’s, I have lots of stuff and little room to store it but some of my stash it starting to dwindle and I want success at my next yardsale.
  3. I want to lose some weight.  DH and I both want to lose a few extra pounds so we’ll be helping each other stay motivated.  I just got into the Jenny McCarthy houseparty that came with her new Wii game and I’m getting a few Wii fitness games for Christmas to help.
  4. My biggest goal is to increase our savings account balance.  Dave and I want to move and are hoping that we can afford to buy a house in the next year otherwise we’ll hopefully move into a rented house.  We have outgrown our little home and it’s hard for Shawn to have friends over since it gets crowded quick with more than one 5 yr old running around.
  5. In order to obtain that goal we’ll be spending less and I’ll be looking for more ways to earn money.  I’ll be back to religiously clicking all the emails, tracking rebates and ebates for everything we have to buy, selling stuff we don’t need, and I will be devoting myself to selling my Thirty-One gifts.
  6. Of course I’ll be getting back on track with blogging as well.  Blogging here helps me save more and be more accountable.

Well that seems like a hefty list.  I’m also working on setting up a weekly budget for next year that will hopefully let us save even more.  You might not see me much for the rest of the year since life is hectic with Shawn home everyday and of course preparing for the holidays but I will be back and better than before very soon.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

posted under |

4 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

I've been trying to figure out what I want to accomplish next year. And I need to see where I failed on my list for 2009! Why don't we pick easy things like... gain 5lbs, watch more tv, don't cook for a week! See how bright is 2010 looking now!

Unknown said...

I'd love to pick easy things. Sign me up for not cooking for a week and relaxing more. LOL

American Dreamer said...

I'll be right there with you goalwise!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get started. I'm using this week off of shopping (kinda) to clean up my coupons weed out the old and reorganize so I can start the new year off with a bang.

I'm also trying to eat so many cookies I never want to see one again LOL

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments