These are the things we’ve done this week to save some money:
- I’ve kept all the lights off until it’s too dark and we’ve had the windows open. I love this time of year since the electric bills are so low.
- Done most of my shopping in just a few trips out of the house and planned out to get the best use for my gas.
- Matched my coupons with some grocery sales to get a few good deals and am planning on getting a few more great deals tomorrow.
- We’ve been eating at home and last night was fend for yourself night and we used up all the leftovers so nothing is going to waste.
- My father bought hubby a Mr Coffee Keurig for Christmas. We thought it was a great idea because he is the only one that drinks regular coffee and so we were wasting alot of coffee, anyways K-Cups are not cheap!!! So to combat that he also bought us the reusable cup that you fill yourself which is great when it’s not super early at 6am with those so easy K-Cups sitting right there but a quick trip to the dollar store and I’ve fixed that. I picked up a 10 pk of really small plastic containers and measured the coffee into those so now all he has to do is dump one of those in the reusable one and brew.
- We’ve been running the dishwasher only when it is full and use the no heat option.
While saving is great there are also a few great ways to earn a bit of money and this is what I’ve done this week.
- I use Swagbucks for all my searches. You’d be surprised how fast those bucks add up to free money, Amazon giftcards, or many other giftcards
- I’ve been reading and clicking on all the MyPoints emails I get. I usually cash out for giftcards late summer or early spring and use them to help pay for Christmas gifts.
- I’ve recently started using Superpoints which is turning out to be one of my favorite programs. It’s by invite only right now but if you click on the name above it’ll take you to a page of invites from me. If they don’t work just leave me a comment with your email and I’ll send you an invite. They make it super easy to earn points and you can also cash out for Amazon giftcards, Starbucks, cash via Paypal, etc (and unlike Swagbucks cash won’t cost you anymore points then a giftcard!!!)
- I’ve been working on cleaning and decluttering the house and while I’m at it I’m filling boxes with stuff for the next yardsale.
- I’ve been working on items for my Etsy store, if you have a craft or trade that you are good at you should really sit down and see if there is a way to turn that into money. Etsy is a great place to sell your handmade items and I’ve had some good successes with it.
So how have you been saving?? I’d love to hear what you are doing to save or earn this year is a year of pinching pennies for me and I’ll take any ideas I can get.