Cleaning out Challenge

So I am challenging my household from Thanksgiving to Christmas to eat primarily out of the pantry and the freezers. My freezer is packed with meat and the pantry is full of goodies too. It will be nice to clean out enough to have a fresher start with the New Year it will also be nice to be able to save a little more money for the month. Here are the rules that I’m holding myself too, feel free to join in the challenge and let me know how you are doing.

  1. I’ll only be shopping for the things I can get for free or nearly free. The one exception will be for Christmas dinner since I will have to buy a few things for that.
  2. We will do our best to get creative with the items in the pantry and freezer. There is alot of food in there and it needs to be used up.
  3. I will have to buy milk, fruits, and veggies but I’ll be checking for the best deals on those things so that I continue to save.
  4. We are not going to eat out, over the past couple months we have eaten out a lot. We have had a lot of family in town and sometimes it’s just easier to eat on the go then it is to go home and make something.

Of course I will still be doing my Christmas shopping but I won’t have to spend as much at the grocery store. I’m hoping that Dave is on board with this challenge, I’ll be updating as we go through the month to let you know how we are doing.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.
Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments