How I’m saving

Last night I made a big batch of what we’ll call Italian slop it has a different name but as I got older I realized it wasn’t exactly PC.  LOL  It was nearly free to make and makes a ton so we’ll be having it for dinner again tonight.  Here’s the recipe for all of you inquiring minds

  • 1lb ground beef (mine was about $1 when I bought it)
  • 1lb italian sausage (free at Winn Dixie last month)
  • 2 lbs of elbow macaroni (free at Publix all the time)
  • 2-3 jars of spaghetti sauce (really cheap at Publix  .75)
  • Mozzarella Cheese (.50 for a block a month ago)
    • Cook up the beef and sausage.  Boil the pasta.  Add the pasta, meat, and sauce to a big pan or your crockpot and cook for awhile.   Right before serving add the grated cheese and stir really really well.  Serve, eat and enjoy.

So anyways that cost me about $2.25 and we’ll have enough food for at least 4 meals.  Twice this week and I’ll freeze the rest for next week.

Today I had to take Shawn to the doctors we left with 2 prescriptions.  $15 for the doc visit and $4 for the scripts.  Since we were there I had to buy some knock off kid’s Tylenol (darn recalls) for his fever and a couple gatorades.  I spent another $7 at CVS.  UGH

Then we headed to the new Staples.  They are having their grand opening sale today and had sent out $20 off a $20 purchase coupon last week.  I got a frame, Crayola Twistables, and 2 pks of HP Paper.  I spent $2.12 and I should be able to get $11 in refunds for the paper.  I love money makers!!!  Since we were out there I finally went into Verizon and got my phone fixed well actually I got a new charger and that should fix it.

JCPenney’s had sent out $10 off coupons and my neighbors don’t seem to read any ads before they throw them in the recycling so I picked out a few extras and used 3 of them today.  I got a new pair of flip flops since mine have had it for $3.20, 2 quick dry towels for $2.12 and 2 pairs of shorts for Shawn for $4.26

So today was spendy but I got some things we needed and I am done shopping for the week.  The only thing that I didn’t get done today was getting the batteries replaced in 2 watches.  The woman at Penney’s said that Walmart does it and it would be much cheaper.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.
Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments