Are you prepared??

I know most of you don’t live in the land of hurricanes but given the severity of recent storms all over this country are you prepared for the next big storm?  Hurricane season started here last month but we are still making sure we are prepared.  There are a few things on my list to finish preparing I’d love for you to add in what you do to be sure you are ready for bad storms.

  • Get a full tank for the grill.  I saw yesterday that Walgreen’s had refills on sale for $17.99 and have a $3 mail in rebate so I’ll be taking our tank in this week and switching it out.  We also were lucky enough to have a neighbor move and throw away their grill and they gave us their tank so I need to get that tank swapped out for a full one as well.  If we have a hurricane and lose power we will need the use of the grill to cook the food in the freezer.
  • Make a freezer inventory.  This will be good for eliminating waste as well.  If we should lose power I want to know what is in my freezer before I open it up.
  • Pick up a few more shelf stable meals and some shelf stable milk.

We also need to make sure we have water on hand but other than those things we are prepared.

So are you prepared?  I think we need to be prepared year round but for us this is an especially important time of year to have everything on hand.  What time of year do you prepare for and what do you do to make sure you are safe in case of an emergency.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.
Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments