So I started the money saving challenge with Precious at the beginning of the year. Things have been going OK they could be much better and I’m going to start cracking down on that. Since the beginning of the year we’ve had some big purchases that we’d planned on but now I’d like to regain that money we spent and get back to saving. So here are some of the things I’ve been doing to try and save money and increase our bottom line.
- We have had some beautiful weather the past few weeks so I’ve had the windows open everyday. That has helped keep the electric down since we aren’t using AC or heat and we haven’t had lights on.
- I’ve also been following Dave and Shawn around and making sure the lights are shut off behind them.
- I’ve been doing my best to keep my coupons organized so that I can save the most money on my grocery and health/beauty bills.
- Today when I went out I ran all my errands in a circle so I could save some gas (I also nearly cried at the gas station today LOL) I’ll be reviewing my shopping later after I put it all away.
- We’ve also been staying home a bit more so that we don’t spend gas driving around and money when we get there
I’m going to keep working on my grocery shopping and try to keep my weekly spending to less than $60 a week. What are you doing to keep your money in your wallet? I’d love to hear your ideas.