Goals

Did you set any goals for the month??  How did you do?  I’d love to hear because after going through my post history I realized I never set any goals this month.  See I told you it was crazy!  So I guess I’ll start fresh this month with some new goals and see how we do.

I’d really really like to stop eating out.  I know that Friday may end up being a challenge as far as that goes but for the rest of the month I’m going to do my best to make everything we eat.  We do plan on spending a day at Disney this month but I will make sandwiches and bring lots of snacks in my thermal totes so that we don’t have to spend any extra money.

I’m really hoping that by the end of the month we have started the house buying process, we’ve been in the looking process for far too long.  We should be hearing soon on a house that we like so here’s hoping.  So I have some goals related to this:

  • We need to put away some money for moving expenses.  Every extra penny at the moment will be put towards an account for closing costs, moving truck, boxes, paint etc to get the apartment cleaned up and out and to get the house ready to move in.
  • I will most likely be putting off another yard sale until after we move as we don’t have a garage and it’s incredibly difficult to hold a sale away from the house in no shade in July/August.  But I still will be packing things either in yardsale boxes or moving boxes and will be hitting the sales hard to have lots of stockpile stuff to sell.
  • There are some things that will sell better on Ebay/Craigslist then at a yardsale so I need to get those listed now and just get rid of them.  I’m hoping as I pack up stuff we don’t need now I’ll find more things and that money will go towards moving.
  • With yardsale on the brain there is a lot of stuff that we just don’t need and that needs to go.  I don’t want to move clutter and disfunction so hopefully I can fill lots of yardsale/ebay boxes.

Unrelated to moving I would love to start and get my photography business off the ground and running.  I’m trying to learn about websites so I can build one for this business and explore ways of advertising on a shoe string budget.

I really would like to sell one item (at least) on Etsy this month.  That means I need to get all these ideas out of my head and turn them into a real thing.  Crafting calms and centers me so it should be good for my mental health.

My last goal for this month is to host 2 Thirty-One gifts parties.  I really need to use the opportunity to increase our savings and haven’t been.  The hostess deal is great this month and with a new catalog coming out next month I’m hoping to get 2 qualifying parties in.  I’m going to have a blog post on that probably tomorrow explaining all the details but if you are interested please let me know.

Please feel free to share your goals or add a link back to your goals I love reading what others are aiming at doing.  I find it very inspiring so please share.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.
Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments