Challenge Report

Today we didn't do a whole lot today, but we did pinch a few pennies. We ran the A/C for a couple hours today while I was cleaning Shawn's room. His window only opens a couple inches and it was just too warm in there.
But the good news is his room is clean and organized. We also went over to Walmart since we were almost out of charcoal. I usually get it free at CVS but I just wasn't in the mood today to try and figure out a plan and everything. So we ended up buying it at Walmart since I needed brats anyways they had a double pack (30lbs) for $10 which seemed like a great deal for us. So we got the 2 bags and I won't have to get it at CVS any time soon. Sometimes it's worth it to pay for things over CVS. a small bag (4-5lbs) would have cost me at least $6 at CVS so I can save those bucks and buy milk, bread. soda, or snacks with them instead of wasting $36 ECB's on what amounts to $10 at Walmart.

When we got home the windows got opened. The TV spent most of the day off so savings there. Dave made the brats on the grill and I made green beans inside. He had pepper and onions (both fresh picked from my garden) on his brat. Lunch was leftovers from dinner last night so there was no waste. Entertainment tonight is the computer for me and an old favorite PS2 game for Dave.

Tomorrow we are going to the Webster Flea Market. I can't wait they have some great bargains on fruits and veggies as well as other great stuff to look at. We'll be taking a little mad money to see if we can find any real teasures. With any luck I won't come home with another new purse. LOL!!



posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about sometimes its just easier to go buy it. Great post and your son's room looks great.

Unknown said...

Thanks! After doing the math it made more since to go buy it anyways. Milk, bread, soda and beer are comparable in price to Walmart but charcoal isn't with that value pack so I'll spend my ECB's on things that are comparable in price.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments