How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mine grows free!!! Since we live in an apartment everything here is grown in pots. There are lots of different beliefs of what grows well in containers but I'm learning that you can grow anything in a container as long as you take care of it.


This is a raspberry bush that I ordered from SpringHill Nurseries. They have a promotion were you get $20 worth of plants for free (just pay about $7 shipping). I got 3 of these and a carnation, I was a bit skeptical when these came but all 3 have started to leaf and are looking good.

This is the start of some zucchini seeds that I got at Lowes.


This pepper plant already has 7 peppers started. I can't believe how fast it fruited. I'm hoping that it'll fruit several times over the growing season.

This is the tomato plant the won't say quit. I bought this last year and it produced dozens of tomatoes. I was going to get rid of it this spring but it started fruiting again. This guy lasted through two hard freezes and a couple of frosts and so did my herbs growing at the base.

I've heard that pineapple is a labor of love to grow, but I figured I give it a shot. I have 5 pineapple plants going at the moment. This one is the farthest along. Next time you buy a pineapple in the store rip off the top, pull off a few leaves and stick it in some dirt. You'll end up with a free plant. Even if it doesn't fruit it looks nice.

I also have strawberries, green onions, a banana tree, watermelon, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and Shawn just planted some carrots. All of which are growing great even though they are in containers.

So how does my garden grow free you ask. I buy as much of the dirt (Miracle Grow) and the pots as I can at CVS with ECB's making them all free. I also did the deal with SpringHill Nurseries so I paid about $7 for the bushes and flower. Then and here's the best secret I am a member of MyPoints. Through them you earn points for online purchases (which I never ever do) you also can earn points through them and BzzAgent (a great place to try new products) and by clicking links in emails (my primary point maker). I've earned over $300 in giftcards from using mypoints. I've payed for my plants from Lowes with giftcards earned there making my garden all free. What could be better than a free garden?

If gardening isn't your thing mypoints has giftcards for tons of other places. Lots of restaurants, Amazon, and stores like Target, Walmart, and CVS. It's worth checking out, who can pass up free stuff?

posted under |

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have 3 pineapple plants that are really pretty. They have never produced fruit, but they look great...and easy!

Unknown said...

You're plants look amazing!

Unknown said...

Pineapple plants are super easy to grow. I read that if you want to force them to fruit you can put them in a bag with apple skin (I think) for a month or so and that's supposed to force them to fruit.

Thanks for compliment. They are doing alright, I'm hoping they fruit a couple times.

Mrs. Lefler said...

Tiffany, your plants are so big! I wish we had some of your FL weather! I live in New England and it is supposed to snow tonight! YUCK! I am ready for spring already.
I just started using BzzAgent, and I have been getting Mypoints emails out the wazzoo! Great idea to use your points to help your garden grow.
My two year old and I just started our garden today, by starting our seeds on our front porch. It is nice and inclosed so they won't freeze and it is all glass front so it gets toasty warm when the sun is shining in.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments