Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

In honor of my penny pinching lately I thought I'd add another challenge for myself. My goal is to rescue something from the trash everyday and reuse it. It could be made to sell, as a gift, or just something we need in the house. With a little work I can save a few things from going to the dump and save a little money. Here's today's project.

It's original purpose was a PopTart box. I gave Shawn his poptarts this morning and the box was empty. I got to thinking that it had to have another use instead of filling the trash bag. I was sitting at the computer looking at Shawn's desk and realized that he needed a crayon container since they were spread out all over. So I grabbed the poptart box, a piece of Scrapbook paper and some adhesive. A minute later the box has a new use and I don't need to go buy something to hold all his crayons.

You are welcome to join my challenge of reusing 1 thing a day. Just drop me a note and let me know how you are doing and what great uses you've come up with for your trash.

posted under |

4 comments:

Drumm's Day to Day!!! said...

Thats a Great Idea, Thanks, I think we will take that Challenge

Mrs. Lefler said...

Tiffany, All winter long I have been saving my little foam containers that all of the mushrooms and other veggies come in. I planted all of my starter seeds for my garden in them. I have also used them before as drawer dividers so my drawers don't turn into junk drawers. My son would crush the box you made for crayons. I wish he was not so much boy that he has to test everything to its limit because that is a cute little box for crayons.

Unknown said...

Terre- Your reusing sounds great. Shawn will probably tear this box in a month or 2 but for now it will keep the crayons corralled and by then I could always make another, I have tons of scrapbook paper.

Drumm- Glad to hear you want to join. I'll be posting what I rescue from the trash and my ideas so feel free to post yours here too otherwise I'll be visiting looking for your great ideas.

mama mich said...

I don't do it on a daily basis by any means but if I'm out and about and see any wood laying about people's trash I take it and re-use it. It is like an obsession of mine!! Recently I found the The Nail Hunter online. www.thenailhunter.com. Very funny the guy who came up with this nifty tool for re-using wood actually says.... "wood it's not just growing on trees!!" Very funny. I have made countless gifts, spruced up my flower beds with cute mini fences, loads of frames, and some boxes. Yeah for re-using. I can't wait to hear about a wood re-using project you do!!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments