Money Saving Challenge Daily Recap

I decided today would be the first day of my challenge. I watched every penny everywhere today. I'm hoping I can be this good everyday in order to save for my goals and use up some of the stockpile.

1. Shawn had a poptart from the very large stack of free poptarts and I had a bowl of cereal also from a large stash. Used milk bought with ECB's at CVS so it was free and finished the orange juice. I'm going to have to buy more and I haven't found a deal on it ever. Maybe I'll right the Sunny D people tomorrow.

2. Kept all the lights off and the TV off as much as possible. The computer monitor was also turned off unless I was on the computer.

3. Did most of my housework this morning before it got warm and kept the windows off all day and the A/C off. I try to finish all the things that might make me wish it was cooler inside before it gets too warm outside and then sort coupons, check email, etc once it gets warmer.

4. Had leftover's for lunch and heated them in the microwave to keep from warming up the house.

5. Walked to the new Farmer's Market and bought some veggies for the week. I got all this for $4 and it helps local growers. By the way the zucchini and garlic were delicious. I will be going to this farmer's market every Wednesday to get the veggies for the week, the prices are very good and the quality is much better then the supermarkets. They also had a fairly large selection.


6. Made ribs that I paid $3 for last month. Used some free seasonings and had the zucchini with garlic with them. YUM!!!

7. Only are using the energy efficient lightbulbs tonight. Entertainment for tonight is a hockey game and something I recorded yesterday (if I get to the TV). Shawn will be going to bed tonight and only listening to one run of his CD instead of it being on all night long. That should save a little money and the life of the CD player.

So how are you doing saving money?? Let me know we can all learn from sharing what works for us.

posted under |

3 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Wow! You did great! I have a bunch of juice from when it was on sale. they were long dated. But when I run out of juice until I find a great deal, I use other juices that I have stockpiled like apple, cranberry etc. DH isn't happy but I refuse to pay top dollar for OJ!
Kudos to you for keeping the A/C off in Fla. Isn't it humid there right now?

I love farmers markets. The prices can't be beat and I think the produce is much fresher too!

Unknown said...

It's actually not too bad. It's been cool at night and coolish during the day. In another month or so it'll be really humid. I'm hoping to use as little A/C as possible until July. By then it'll just be too hot, but we'll still use it as little as we can and use the fans instead.

I'm not a huge juice fan, but I drink a glass of Sunny D every morning. I have blood sugar issues and have to have something similar or my day is off to a bad start. Luckily Walmart has it for $2.50 for a very large jug.

jeri said...

You had a great start too!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments