Money Saving Challenge Recap

Yesterday I didn't spend much money. We went to a birthday party in the afternoon so I bought a gift bag and a bag of ice but that was it. We ate pork from the giant pork picnic that cooked all day in the crockpot. We also had a yardsale yesterday morning. We made a good chunk and got rid of alot of stuff. It was a great day.

Today I didn't do as well. I spent 42 cents at CVS and that include my 4 newspapers and a new book to track my spending. I hope this helps me keep track of where each penny goes. We went to Micheals, Petsmart, and Target in the same plaza to save on gas. We had to get a diaper for the dog since she is in heat so there wasn't a good deal there but a need. Bought Shawn a frisbee and a case for a 1:24 scale Nascar that's been sitting in it's box for months. The best was Target was giving away a reusable bag with purchase and the easter stuff was 90% off. I bought several egg dye kits that will be put away for next year. Shawn wanted the Star Wars one this year but at $5 I wasn't willing to spend the money but for 50 cents he can have it next year. We also went to lunch/dinner which cost nearly $40 but it was our splurge for doing so well at the yardsale. We will still be putting a good amount of money away towards the TV and car so I figure one really great meal is fine. It was delicious too.

I'll be getting back on track starting tomorrow now that the yard sale is over I can focus more on what I need to and taking care of my budget. It's just difficult with so much stuff going on to really focus.

posted under |

4 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

Great deals at CVS & Target - there really wasn't any Easter clearance left anywhere in our area!

Anonymous said...

Good job at CVS! I just bought egg dye for next year too.

Together We Save said...

I need to have a big yard sale. But I will have to take off at least one day from my job to do it.

Unknown said...

My husband took the day off to help me, I just can't do the sale by myself with my son running around. We got rid of alot of stuff and I made a killing on my stockpile stuff.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments