Saturday Savings

I know I'm still a day behind in my reporting but I'm slowly catching back up.

This is what we did on Saturday to pinch the pennies.

1. Shawn and I walked to Lowes for the Build and Grow Event. I love these events since they are free and Shawn has such a great time making his projects.

2. He bullied me into buying a packet of pumpkin seeds and I got him some garden gloves that were on clearance for .48. Paid with a gift card earned through mypoints, so it was free.

3. We went to Walmart since it is next to Lowes and bought a pink lemon plant on rollback to $10 using my "free" money from paypal. So that was no money out of my pocket, all my earnings online go to pay for little splurges like this or gas usually. I use it to help offset the expenses but since it's not a regular paycheck we don't count on having it.

4. On the way home we walked through the Arts and Crafts Festival they were having in the Town Center here. It was ok, but it was mainly alot of overpriced vendors with blah stuff. I bought a necklace for myself (not saving very well I know) but in my defense it matched my favorite pair of earrings perfectly. I was wearing them at the time and the girl noticed, I think that necklace was one of the cheapest things at the whole Festival. I mean who pays $5 for some curly fries??

5. Since it was so nice out yesterday I left the windows open all day so no A/C and of course the lights stayed off.

6. I turned the computer off Friday night before bed and it didn't get turned back on until almost noon yesterday since we were gone all morning.

7. I walked past the Starbucks on the way over to Lowe's and on the way back and didn't stop. Which maybe why I splurged on the necklace LOL! I came home and made coffee here using stuff from my stockpile.

8. Dinner last night was free steaks from Target, free scalloped potatoes from Publix, and zucchini from the farmer's market. Everything but the veggie was from the stockpile!!!!

So how are you doing at pinching those pennies and using what you already have???


posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments