It's nearly Yard Sale time

I was going through the closet trying to fit in my most recent purchases and was thinking it has to be almost yardsale time. Well when I walked down to the mailbox there was a sign up that says April 18th is yard sale day. Twice a year we have a community yard sale and I am very excited. I have been stocking up on some of the great sales for this. Having a sale every six months let's us unload lots of clothes and toys that Shawn has outgrown and I sell lots of health and beauty stuff really cheap.

It may sound bad to some that I shop and get lots and lots of toothpaste for free or nearly free and then sell it at the yardsale, but for my family it really helps. And sense we need to buy a car this year it's going towards that fund. My last yard sale paid for all the Christmas presents last year.

So do you have any great techniques? Anything that helps your day go more smoothly? This year Shawn will be maning the soda/water booth, he has a booth we found somewhere and I think he'll be very excited with that since it's his special job. So I guess mommy needs to find a deal on soda and water.

posted under |

6 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

Sounds like a great way to weed out and make some extra cash!

Diane said...

I just had a yard with a bunch of my extras to raise money for a new car and our move. We made some much needed cash and others got cheaper than retail items! Win-win!

Unknown said...

It is a great way and if you look at it like I do I'm also helping people that need the help but aren't eligible for government assistance. The last time I had tons of people that wanted to know how long till my next sale so they could try and buy enough to hold them over. Some people left with months of supplies for a quarter to half the cost of going to Walmart.

Shelby and Mark said...

Hello fellow Fl blogger, Are you close to Tampa,Sarasota area? I would love to have a coupon buddy.

Unknown said...

Hi Shelby!!! I wish I was closer I have no coupon friends. I'm in the Disney area. Technically in Clermont/4 Corners area, even if we can't shop together we can share tips since we have the same stores and probably the same prices in store.

Shelby and Mark said...

That would be Great!! Thanks

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments