or in my case a not spending much challenge. I’m joining Sara over at Learning the Frugal Life on a spending challenge this month. I’m going to post my goals below and update on Fridays on how I’m doing. I’ll still be doing my how I saved posts on Wednesdays so it’ll be Saving Wednesday and Spending (or lack of) Fridays. Remember if you decide to challenge yourself to this you need to set realistic goals for yourself otherwise one slip up can led you to feel defeated.
- Keep almost all spending below $60 a week.
- Keep gas spending down as low as possible. My gas bills are going to go up since I have to take Shawn to daycare everyday but I’m going to try and run all my errands when I’m out.
- We will not be eating out. You spend lots of extra money eating out, the food is not better than you can make at home and you consume a lot more calories when out then at home.
- I’ll continue shopping for the free/super cheaps at CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Target, and a few things at Walmart. But we’ll only be buying those items unless we absolutely need it.
- I will have a few extra expenses this month since we have 4 birthdays in October but I’ll be working on keeping those costs as low as possible.
- I have some birthday money left to spend since I’ve been told no paying bills with it so any of that shopping will not be included.
Please feel free to join us on this adventure. We can all use to save a little extra money and without spending means we can put more into savings. To add to our savings Dave is keeping his eyes out for any available overtime and I’m getting some stuff ready to sell on ebay and starting to prepare for a yard sale late this month or early October.