Money Savings

This morning was the coldest morning since I moved to FL.  YUCK!!!  I detest cold weather.  I did almost no shopping today.  I was going to go to Publix but I couldn’t find my $5 off coupon so I waited hoping I’ll find it tonight.

The only shopping that was done today was at Lowes.  We picked up 10 big boxes for packing.  Since we are planning on moving some time in the near future I figured instead of trying to stash stuff away for the next yard sale I’d just start packing it up now.  We probably won’t have a yard sale till we move since they are such a pain here unless of course we move somewhere that doesn’t allow them.  In the past I’ve just gotten whatever boxes I could find but to tell you the truth I hate moving when every box is a different size so we are going to be buying a few boxes a week to make it easier to actually move.

Dinner was from the stockpile again.  We had baked potatoes and free ham steaks from Target.  It was quick and easy and yummy too.  So what have you been doing to save money? 

If you haven’t been following along with the Money Saving Challenge you can head over to Frugal Makes Cents by Precious and read about the challenge.  She’s such an inspiration and has great ideas, I want to be just like her when I grow up!!!!

posted under |

4 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

It is supposed to get to 20 today. I'm on the IL/WI border. I hate it too! I'd move in a heartbeat if all the family wasn't here. Hmmmmmm, maybe that is the reason I should move.;)
Good luck with the move. Are you upgrading? I hope you keep us posted. I would love to move but with Anna heading off to college, I think we need to save every dollar.

Unknown said...

SonyaAnn thanks for stopping by.

I hate to say it but my family was part of the reason I moved at first.

We are hoping to move soon, I'm doing a bit of counting my chickens before they hatch. We are in the process of getting approved for a loan to buy our first house. It's all very exciting, very slow, a little aggravating and a wee bit scary. LOL

American Dreamer said...

Hi Tiffany,

Yeah! Things do move slowly don't they? :-)

I found that Lowes and Home Depot had great boxes and they were cheap. The movers were able to stack them really well on the cross country move.

I have news for you........I haven't gorwn up yet! :-)

Thanks for the compliment!

Unknown said...

Hi Precious- I really like the boxes all being the same size and they seem really durable.

You are exactly what DH and I want to be later in life. I'm always in awe at what you guys are able to do. So we are striving and saving.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments