Money and Reuse Challenge Update

Thursday was another boring day for us. We kept the A/C and lights off again in an effort to cut the electric bill. The TV was off until it got to warm to function around here. It gets to about 84 inside in the mid afternoon and I just can't bring myself to do much. It's fine since we do pay for cable so I get to watch some afternoon TV. I didn't make it out shopping last night but I will be making a couple small runs tonight. Dinner was veggies from the flea market, free rice from my BzzAgent Kit, and free steak from Target. Total cost for dinner was maybe .50 for the 3 of us.

My reuse challenge is proving to be more challenging then I thought it would. I haven't been throwing much out so I guess that's good. I did manage to rescue a bottle of wine last night (Dave's) and the night before (Mine) so I have them sitting on the counter. I will be working on them over the weekend and can't wait to show you what I come up with. I also rescued a plastic butter tub from my trash this morning. I'm trying to decide what it's next life will be but I'll keep you updated.



posted under |

2 comments:

Just call me Yankee said...

Does your son do painting or crafts of any kind? That is what I use my small tubs for. To hold the paint, the water or whatever "craft" we are working on at the moment. Since they are not my good bowls, if they get to grody, which happens over time, I can pitch it if I have to.

Unknown said...

He hasn't really started doing much for crafts yet, but I may put them away for that. Or it might just sit on the counter to hold my jewelry that I take off when I get home or start cleaning.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments