Where did the sun go?

A few more days like today and the past 4 days and I think we'll have to rename Florida. I haven't seen the sun other than for about 20 minutes yesterday since Saturday. It's been raining and raining and raining. Granted we really needed some rain but we've past the ridiculous point and have headed straight to it's time to build a boat. Luckily for me I live in the "mountains" of Fl so we don't have any flooding concerns but so many areas are flooded and people are having to get sandbags to try and save their homes.

Since the weather has been cruddy and depressing I haven't done much. Today I plan on getting my act together and putting together a trip to CVS and Wags. I also am going to get back to cleaning, decluttering, and organizing this is a horribly drawn out project since I keep losing momentum. Here's how I saved yesterday though.

1. The A/C has been off. It's a little humid but it's plenty cool enough out.

2. The lights have been off until it's really dark out.

3. The computer and TV were off for quite a while yesterday because an electrical storm came overhead. Shawn watched TV upstairs but everything downstairs was off which was good cause we had 2 little outages.

4. We've been eating from the pantry and freezer. I can finally start to see some of the shelves in the pantry. I'm going to go through everything today or tomorrow and check expiration dates and weed out some of the crazy excess to give to my mom when she comes up Friday.

5. I managed to save my pear tomato plant yesterday. It was looking really really sad and all the stems and leaves were wilting. Then it dawned on me that the poor thing had also had enough of the rain, so I went out when it let up a little and pried the water catch off the bottom and let it sit on the sidewalk to get rid of some of the extra water. Of course it started to rain again so the plant got moved up under the little overhang and it is much happier. Of course I can't get into or out of the house without squeezing by the plant but as long as it's happy.

What have you been doing lately to shave some money? The best thing for me has been just staying home and out of the stores.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been complaining about my budget but not getting very far. ;~} I'm going to keep plugging along. I'm glad to hear that you were able to save your little tomato plant. I think you should name him.

Unknown said...

Complaining helps and it certainly keeps us saner. It also helps to know that you're not the only one fighting this fight, that others have similar problems.

Maybe I should name that little guy. I was going to post pics tomorrow, I might need help picking a new though.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments