Saving Money Today

As usual we kept the lights and A/C off for most of the day. We had to turn the A/C just a few minutes ago since it's just not cooling down inside. Hopefully we can cool it down a little and shut the A/C off before we go to bed. The TV and all it's friends stayed unplugged until 1 today so that was good too.

I went to Publix and bought 4 pks of Dannon Yogurt, 2 Pace Salsas, 2 Smart Balance butter tubs, Smart Balance Sticks, Smart Balance Milk, 6pk Sam Adams, 8pc fried Chicken, Mac & Cheese, and Mac Salad. Spent $18.75. We had planned on eating at Gator's tonight so Dave could watch the hockey game but it turns out that we ended up getting it through the Center Ice Package. I wasn't planned to be eating dinner at home so I we spent extra on ready to eat stuff but I spent alot less than if we had gone to Gator's and have more to show for it.

I also ran to Walgreens. Spent .99 on a Contour Monitor, Bayer Quick Dissolves, and Ecotrin. Used a $2 RR to pay and left with $9.50 in RR. After I'm done shopping tomorrow those RR's will probably go to things we need and maybe a few splurge items.

Starting today I am going to track every penny we spend. I figure if I track it here I will be more accountable to my savings account. I also want to see where I might be able to trim for the months were the A/C runs constantly.

So how did you do this week? Any great savings or deals? Feel free to leave me a comment, I love to see how others are doing.

posted under |

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

I love the fact that you are going to track every penny you spend. I do this all of the time. It is a real eye opener as to where your money is going!

T said...

I am back to tracking EVERY single grocery trip(even the not so great ones) on my blog. the months I was "off" were way to costly. I am tracking everything else with mint.com. I just set it up this week. Wow is it awesome! good luck:)

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Business 2 Blogger

Recent Comments